|Lose That Middle!
Part - 1
3 fast diets that flatten your tummy and reshape your waist in no time!
The 3-day juice diet
Guaranteed to flatten your tum and sharpen your mind.
Well, there are actually only two to remember, which is why this simple tummy-flattening diet works so well. Just two must-dos:
· Follow the daily plan strictly to the letter – no ifs or buts – and repeat over three consecutive days.
· Start each day with the juice of half a lemon in water. It sounds boring, but it's essential because it kick-starts the liver and gallbladder, eliminating toxins.
As easy as pouring a bowl of cereal, you can whip up this smoothie in seconds.
Mixed berry smoothie:
Throw one banana and half a cup of mixed berries into a blender then blitz with milk. Then serve in a 250ml glass.
This is your snack time so enjoy a zingy glass of juice with an added extra!
Apple ginger zing:
Juice together two apples, two carrots, and a little nugget of ginger. Serve in a 250ml glass. Also, have a handful of almonds. They provide protein, which will help ease the light-headed feelings people sometimes experience when they are fasting.
Lunch In A Glass
And this time you can have more! Drink 350ml – about a glass-and-half.
Turbo-charged veggie juice:
Throw four tomatoes, four carrots, half a beetroot, one stick of celery, two apples and a quarter cucumber in the juicer. Blend, pour and drink – it's just so delicious!
Afternoon Slump Fix
Better than chocolate, this juice is guaranteed to haul you out of a dip.
Tip a big handful of frozen summer fruits from the supermarket into a blender. Dollop over a generous tablespoon of natural yogurt for a protein boost then add a little chilli or even ginger. Only a pinch, as you don't want to ruin the drink. But they're thermogenics and so boost fat-burning. Blitz and drink a 250ml glassful.
You'll be longing to chew by the time supper rolls around and this simple, speedy stir-fry means you won't have to wait long.
Take 150g of lean protein – seafood, fish, skinless chicken or tofu. Stir-fry with four cups of mixed vegetables. Add some spices to stimulate the digestive juices and speed up the metabolism. Soy sauce is good, ginger is excellent as it warms the body and helps with fat-burning – as will chilli and garlic, which is such a good circulation tonic.
Eat a small bowl of mixed frozen fruit – melon, berries, any of your favourites (supermarkets always have a good choice) with a dollop of natural yogurt for protein.
The 5-Day Crunch Diet
This raw food diet is a bit of a toughie but trust us, it shows results.
You'll drop weight fast and, after an initial headache day, will be as sharp as a tack and feel bright. Yes, it's slicking and chopping but stay with it – just three days will do lots for you and even having just a raw Monday each week will help to rebalance you after an indulgent weekend.
· Eat only raw veggies, fruits, seeds, nuts and oils and a little honey. Drink water (two litres a day), fresh juices and smoothies.
· You must follow your daily plan faithfully to see big results.
· Upon waking: Sip a glass of filtered water with a squeeze of lemon to rev up your system.
· Breakfast: Choose either a fruity recipe or make a delicious smoothie to ease you into the day.
· Lunch and dinner: It's true that a raw diet is basically salad, so feel free to mix and match for lunch or dinner as you like.
· Snacks: Have one mid-morning and mid-afternoon, and a fresh juice if you get the rumbles. You can make it yourself or buy one.
Crunchy salads or cold soups will be your lunch and dinner. Make any salad you like then top with seeds or nuts and a splash of dressing. Cold soups are good, too. Just get out your blender and throw in the veggies! Not feeling inspired? Try these easy ideas:
Chop up as much lettuce and celery as you like and put in a bowl. Top with creamy slices of avocado and black olives. Drizzle over some olive oil and lemon juice as a dressing.
Sunshine Fruit Bowl:
Mix one sliced banana and one cup of cubed pineapple in a bowl. Add a splash of orange juice and a few chopped walnuts for zesty crunch.
Creamy Berry Smoothie: Soak 3tbsp oats in water for 20 mins then blend with a handful of strawberries, blueberries and a few raspberries.
Berry Blast: Mix a bowl of strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. Sprinkle on chopped nuts and just a tiny drizzle of honey.
Super Slaw: Toss together finely sliced white and red cabbage then add grated carrot and thin slivers of red onion. Sprinkle with poppy seeds and finish with a splash of dressing.
No-Cook Soup: Add one avocado, some fresh mint, a chunk of cucumber, a big handful of spinach, one clove of garlic and a squeeze of lemon to a blender and blitz. Thin with a little water if needed, then season and pour into a soup bowl. Add more chopped veg for texture.
Dressings, Snacks & Chocs!
Help yourself to snacks twice a day and before bed if you're feeling puckish – they're a must.
· An apple with a small handful of almonds.
· One small handful of berries, to give you the sweet hit you're missing!
· More fruit. Yes, even bananas – indulge!
· Fresh vegetable juice of your choice.
Dress your salads with olive oil and lemon or infuse your oil with two cloves of chopped garlic. To liven up plain oil, add a little balsamic vinegar.
Have a chocolate hit! Yes that's right, you can have some as a snack. But it has to be raw chocolate to fit in with the diet plan. Raw chocolate contains no sugar, hasn't been heated, and is full of antioxidants.