DOB: May 26, 1913
Birthplace: Kenley, Surrey, England, United Kingdom
Occupation: Actor, artist
· He was awarded the Officer of the Order of the British Empire in the 1989 Queen's New Year Honours List for his services to drama.
· Appeared in three films nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture: Hamlet (1948), Moulin Rouge (1952) and Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977). Hamlet won Best Picture.
· He was an artist, skilled in drawing and painting; as a young struggling actor, he supplemented his income by selling scarves that he hand-painted and later, as an established actor, had showings of his water colours.
· His sketch of Sherlock Holmes became the official logo for the Northern Musgraves, a British Sherlock Holmes society.
· Carrie Fisher, an actress and writer, said in an interview that doing her scenes with him in Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977) were difficult for two reasons: she thought the lines were ridiculous and she found Peter to be so polite and charming off camera that it was hard to project the sense of disdain that her character, Princess Leia Organa, held for his character, Grand Moff Tarkin.
· Wrote to BBC programme, Jim'll Fix It (1975) asking that a new rose be bred and named after his late wife. Jimmy Savile agreed and the process was filmed ending with the creation of a new strain of yellow rose being presented to Peter.
· Although he and Christopher Lee were often mortal enemies on-screen, off-screen they were inseparable friends. In 1945 with no money for presents, he found a large piece of silk, cut it into a neat square, painted Dickens characters on it and gave it to his wife as a present. She later loaned it to a friend who wore it to a party where it was seen by a textile manufacturer who gave Peter a contract as a silk scarf designer. Amongst those he designed were those for the Festival of Britain and the Coronation.
· After retiring from acting, he wrote and illustrated a children's book of Lewis Carroll-style humour, The Bois Saga.
Teeth are a vitally important part of an actor's equipment. I have over 30 toothbrushes at home and always keep a good supply at the studio.
He was awarded the Officer of the Order of the British Empire in ....Read Detail
Arnold Schwarzenegger says he 'throws up' when he looks at his .....Read Detail
The 28-year-old actress opened up about some of the 'horror' .....Read Detail
The 40-year-old star said during a recent interview that he 'can't get .....Read Detail
People definitely pull out all the stops when it comes to a date – from .....Read Detail