- 08 May - 14 May, 2021
Kamdani: The glistening embellishments
- 03 Apr - 09 Apr, 2021
Pakistan, a country of diverse culture and heritage is renowned for its many treasures. Its name is synonymous with royal architecture, its craft, delectable cuisine, and cordial hospitality. The amalgamation of various cultural ingredients has contributed to the richness and authenticity of the country. But Pakistan is not just home to some amazing culture and cuisines. Its hidden crafts are one of its true treasures. One of the most beautiful embellishments and ornamentation art – kamdani work also finds its roots here.
Kamdani work is a form of embellishment work in which strips of metallic wires are inserted into the fabric and then twisted to create metallic embroidery. This type of embroidery involves twisting thin metallic threads to create motifs all over the fabric. Kamdani is a type of zardozi art of beautifying the plane and simple clothes to exclusive and dazzling ones. This form of work can be done on all kinds of clothing items, right from sarees, lehengas and shalwar kameez to shirts, tunics, kurtis and more.
Here, we have compiled how our favourite A-listers and designers are going about this trend. Read on to find all the kamdani inspo you need for the festive season ahead.
1. This low length tapered kameez is crafted with zardozi embroidery and is accentuated with bronze tissue pants. The beauty of the outfit is further enhanced with a matching kamdani dupatta with tassels hanging at its border.
2. Who said kamdani work can only be adorned on ethnic wear? Give this traditional embroidery a modern twist by going for an organza kamdani peplum paired with a tissue zardozi worked choli and raw silk pants also featuring zardozi work.
3. This stylistic mélange of colour and embroideries is perfect for any occasion. This piece consists of a straight short kamdani kurta embellished with hand embroidery. It is paired with an organza kamdani dupatta. Just coordinate this shirt with raw silk pants allured with tassel detailing and you’re sure to make a statement.
4. For all the brides-to-be out there, this season, incorporate kamdani in your bridal wear. But we would recommend you go for a kamdani dupatta rather than kamdani on the whole suit as at the end of the day, it all comes down to the dupatta.
5. If you’re one who likes an extra dose of colour then this is for you. A georgette kamdani shirt featuring floral embroidery with tassels hanging from the neckline adds to the elegance of the outfit. Apart from kamdani, this outfit also features gota work and cutwork.
6. Love to go all white? Find inspiration in this corner dropping kamdani georgette shirt with intricate handwork details on neckline and daman. It comes with a net dupatta. Pair it with golden jewellery and shine the night away!
7. Kamdani work is striking enough in itself. You don’t need to have sequins and big embroideries all over your outfit to make it standout; just a light coloured kamdani shirt like this one would do the magic.
8. Yet another way to add pizzazz to this ethnic trend is by opting for a one side off shoulder white top embellished with silver kamdani, and dabka work. Add a little drama to this look by pairing the top with chic pants having silver detailing.
- 01 May - 07 May, 2021
- 24 Apr - 30 Apr, 2021
- 17 Apr - 23 Apr, 2021
- 10 Apr - 16 Apr, 2021
- 27 Mar - 02 Apr, 2021
- 20 Mar - 26 Mar, 2021
- 13 Mar - 19 Mar, 2021
- 27 Feb - 05 Mar, 2021