- 24 Apr - 30 Apr, 2021
WORKOUT TO BEAT YOUR BACK PAIN
- 01 May - 07 May, 2021
It's probably a safe bet that at some point in your adult life, you’ve experienced back pain or discomfort. Whether from a tough workout, lifting something heavy incorrectly, or just from sitting in a chair all day – we've all been there. If that's the case, this workout for back pain is for you. In only 15 minutes, you can stretch out and activate the muscles you need to prevent discomfort and stay nice and mobile. Just do each move for one minute, or 30 seconds on each side. Read on:
Alternating hamstring touches
• Stand with feet shoulder-width apart. Engage your core and glutes.
• Bend over, hinging at the hip and reaching both hands toward your right toes. Try to touch your toes, going as low to the ground as you can without straining your low back. You should feel this in your hamstrings only.
• Rise up to stand. Bend over, reaching toward your left foot this time. Come back up to stand. Continue alternating sides.
• For the hamstring stretch pulse: Hold at the bottom with your hands reaching toward your right toes. Gently pulse your upper body toward your foot, engaging your core so you don’t strain your back, as you continue to feel the stretch in the back of the leg. Come back up and switch sides, bending over and reaching both arms toward your left foot, pulsing for the same amount of time.
Alternating toe taps
• Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
• Extend your left arm in front of you as you swing your right leg up so that it’s as close to parallel to the ground as possible. Try to kick your left hand with your right toes, and immediately swing the leg back down and place your foot back in your starting position.
• Right away do the other side, extending your right arm in front of your body as you kick your left leg so that your foot touches your fingertips (if possible).
• Make it easier: Instead of kicking up your straight right leg, pike your right knee to your hip, twisting your torso so that your left hand touches your right knee. Return both feet and hand to start. Continue, alternating sides.
Supine single-leg stretch
• Lie faceup on your back. Pike your right knee in toward your chest. Interlock your hands around your right knee to guide it closer to your chest.
• Keep your left leg extended out in front of you. Try to keep it flat to the ground as you continue to pull your right knee in. You should feel the stretch in your groin.
• Hold on one side, and then switch to the other.
• Lie faceup with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor, and heels a few inches away from your butt so that your fingertips graze your heels when arms are at your sides.
• Squeeze your glutes and abs and push through your heels to lift your hips off the floor until your body forms a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
• Pause and squeeze your glutes at the top, then slowly lower your hips to return to the starting position.
Reclined supine twist
• Lie faceup with arms extended at your sides. Bring your right knee into your chest, keeping your left leg straight on the floor.
• Use your right hand to gently guide your right knee across your body and toward the floor on the left side of your body. Your right shoulder may want to come off the ground, but try to keep both shoulders flat on the floor, even if it means your knee can’t go down as far.
• Repeat on the other side.
IT band roll-out
• Sit on your right hip, placing your right forearm on the ground and extending your right leg out.
• Sit on the roller with the side of your right thigh. The roller should be placed about halfway between your knee and your hip.
• Place your left foot flat on the floor behind your right leg, with your left knee bent. To make the move more intense, extend your left leg as well, stacking it on top of your right leg.
• Use your right forearm to roll yourself up and down the roller. You should be rolling your leg from a couple of inches above your knee to a couple of inches below your hip and lower back. Repeat the move on the other side.
- 17 Apr - 23 Apr, 2021
- 10 Apr - 16 Apr, 2021
- 03 Apr - 09 Apr, 2021
- 27 Mar - 02 Apr, 2021
- 20 Mar - 26 Mar, 2021
- 13 Mar - 19 Mar, 2021
- 06 Mar - 12 Mar, 2021
- 27 Feb - 05 Mar, 2021