- 25 Jun - 01 Jul, 2022
- 26 Mar - 01 Apr, 2022
- Style Watch
More times than not, the sheer pieces in our closets are reserved for nights in the town because, well, they’re legit see-through. And while we’ve styled our fair share of them, we’re now beginning to realise that the fabric has so much more to offer. On the runways, designers are switching up the styling and colourways of the fabric, giving it a modern twist, and showing us how we can easily incorporate it into our daytime wardrobe. They also showed us a handful of new ways to work it into our evening wear. Below, our new favourite ways to style sheer for both day and night.
1. Spring and summer temperatures rarely warrant outerwear, but when the occasion calls for an extra layer, you need something that is lightweight and chic. Enter sheer jackets. For 2022, the warm-weather coat gets a splashy update by way of transparent materials cut in a slew of bright colours and patterns.
2. To go sheer for a festive event, opt for an interplay of sheer and texture. Like this suit here. The perfect all season staple, the dress features intricate metallic embroidery on net. Pair it with silk pants and a sheer net dupatta accentuated for a romantic look.
3. They don’t do much in covering up but they sure add ethereal charm to your ensemble. This one by Sekhmet is sprinkled with delicate embroideries. So, pretty up this minimalist jumpsuit with a floral-embellished capelet for a look that’s equal parts cool and ultra-pretty.
4. While following the sheer trend, you don’t have to go all out to wear the trend. An all sheer blouse or top is only one way to get the look of this trend. Another way to wear it is with a garment that is partially sheer. Case in point: A floral shrug.
5. Looking for a sheer outfit that is equal parts modest, lightweight and trendy? Opt for this one by Deepak Perwani, an organza panelled shirt with resham embroidery motifs all over and a hand-embroidered broach and tassels on the neckline. Pair it up with crushed pants to complete your look.
6. We've noticed sheer puffy sleeves showing up on both shirts and dresses everywhere. It's the perfect look for the office or a night out, depending how you pair and accessorise, if you're looking to make a fashion-forward statement.
- 18 Jun - 24 Jun, 2022
- 11 Jun - 17 Jun, 2022
- 04 Jun - 10 Jun, 2022
- 28 May - 03 Jun, 2022
- 14 May - 20 May, 2022
- 07 May - 13 May, 2022
- 30 Apr - 06 May, 2022
- 23 Apr - 29 Apr, 2022