- 28 Oct - 03 Nov, 2023
The K-beauty Wave
- 18 Mar - 24 Mar, 2023
Sheet masks, cushion foundations, snail serum, bee venom treatments, 10-step skincare, “glass skin.” Does any of this sound familiar? If you spend just a little bit of time scouring the internet, you will definitely hear about one (or more) of these Korean beauty trends that have infiltrated international markets for several years now. So, let’s talk a little bit about the Korean beauty industry. Ready to dive in?
Top-rated K-beauty products to swear by
Korean skincare is here to stay – and we’re more than okay with that, because it’s not just a trend but a cherished way of caring for your skin. Even better news: K-beauty products are becoming more widely available by the day. We've tried hundreds of Korean skincare brands and products and we know there are still many more to try, but these products below are the ones that make us melt, peel, glow, and repair – in the best ways.
LANEIGE Lip Sleeping Mask
The cult-favourite lip mask from LANEIGE is everything you could want in a lip balm, with all the sweet goodness of a lip gloss from the beauty supply store, but without the stickiness. Sweet fragrance aside, the antioxidant-rich mask can recover even the driest and cracked lips, so you better stick up for winter now. The only struggle you'll have is deciding which flavour to buy.
Peach & Lily Transparen-C Pro Spot Treatment
Our current must-have is this vitamin C treatment. It is perfect for delivering results you want to see for stubborn spots while keeping it gentle for my sensitive skin.
AMOREPACIFIC Moisture Plumping Nectar Cream
Pro tip: Apply this cream in front of a vanity mirror while you’re wearing a silk robe and feel like a movie vixen from the '20s. The silky formula stays firm when applying and covers every inch without needing to go in for a second round for pesky dry patches.
Soon Skincare Micro-Hole Hydrogel Collagen Mask
A flimsy and slippery sheet mask has got to be one of the biggest pet peeves in skincare (besides a broken serum pump). If you haven’t had the honour of using a gel mask over a sheet mask, pick up a few of these collagen infused masks, because you’ll never go back to the paper thin mess that you’ve probably torn in the past.
Banila Co. Clean It Zero Cleansing Balm
Hypothetically speaking, if you also found yourself insanely nostalgic after finding out that Cynthia Ervio and Ariana Grande were cast in the upcoming movie adaption of Wicked the Musical, and then you decided to paint your entire face with a lime green cream paint courtesy of Danessa Myricks, you might be wondering how to get it all off without sacrificing a layer of skin. Long-winded “hypothetical” aside, Banila’s cleansing balm will get rid of the toughest glitters, paints, and eyelash glue without clogging pores or irritating your already sensitive skin.
Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Niacinamide Dew Drops
Glow Recipe has made a very valid point for watermelon products, thanks to their award-winning favourites containing a summer-favourite snack. The Vitamin A and C-enriched watermelon combined with the skin texture-improving niacinamide are no match for our enlarged pores every time we use this serum.
THE 10-STEP SKINCARE ROUTINE
It would be remiss to speak of K-beauty without mentioning the 10-step skincare routine, where all steps work on revving skin up to become the brightest and most hydrated version of itself.
1. Oil cleanser: Massaged onto a dry face, this first step removes makeup, sebum, and sunscreen.
2. Water cleanser: Water, or foam cleanser, is used after oil cleanser to remove sweat and impurities.
3. Exfoliator: Sloughs off dead skin cells.
4. Toner: Hydrates skin and prepares skin for further treatments.
5. Essence: A watery lotion that is part toner and part serum (but not a cleanser), it delivers hydration and helps with cell turnover.
6. Serums and ampules: Concentrated gels specific to individual needs; acne, anti-aging, brightening, etc.
7. Sheet mask: To be applied once or twice a week, sheet masks deliver concentrated serums to address specific issues.
8. Eye cream: Hydrates and protects the delicate area around the eyes.
9. Moisturiser: Designed to seal in all of the previous steps and address individual moisture needs.
10. Sun protection: Because all of the other steps won’t be effective if our skin is exposed to harmful UV rays.
- 21 Oct - 27 Oct, 2023
- 14 Oct - 20 Oct, 2023
- 07 Oct - 13 Oct, 2023
- 30 Sep - 06 Oct, 2023
- 23 Sep - 29 Sep, 2023
- 16 Sep - 22 Sep, 2023
- 09 Sep - 15 Sep, 2023
- 09 Sep - 15 Sep, 2023