- 24 Jul - 30 Jul, 2021
Nature’s Golden Nectar
- 06 Oct - 12 Oct, 2018
- health & nutrition
Honey might make a sweet addition to your tea, but it’s not just a tasty treat, for it also has hefty medical and beauty benefits too.
It is one of the last remaining natural foods sold today. Honey is enriched with high levels of monosaccharides, fructose, and glucose, and contains about 70 to 80 per cent sugar, which provides its sweetness. It also has antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Modern medical science has managed to find uses for honey in chronic wound management and combating infections as well.
• Honey is linked to wound-healing properties and antibacterial actions.
• It has been used in medicine for over 5,000 years.
• Honey can replace sugar in meals, providing one with a healthier option. However, it can also be used for browning and adding excess moisture to a dish.
• Children under 12 months old shouldn’t be given honey.
• Raw honey contains all the pollen, enzymes and other micronutrients that are usually filtered out or destroyed by heat when it is processed.
- 17 Jul - 23 Jul, 2021
- 10 Jul - 16 Jul, 2021
- 26 Jun - 02 Jul, 2021
- 12 Jun - 18 Jun, 2021
- 05 Jun - 11 Jun, 2021
- 29 May - 04 Jun, 2021
- 22 May - 28 May, 2021
- 15 May - 21 May, 2021